Tuesday June 13, 2023 (morning)
Hour: 09:00 – 10:00
Indigenous Peoples and Local Communities Climate Week Inauguration Program.
Opening Ceremony-Spiritual Invocation-Briceida Iglesias.
- Anibal Sánchez, the Guna General Congress Cacique
- Leonides Cunampia, the Emberá Congress Chieftain
- Sara Omi (AMPB Women’s Coordinator)
- Ismael Jaen Viceminister of Indigenous Matters, Ministry of Government , Panama
- Milciades Concepción, Panama’s Minister of the Environment
- Francisco Souza (FSC Indigenous Foundation)
- Gillian Caldwell – (USAID Chief Climate Officer and Deputy Assistant Administrator)
- The Rt Hon Lord Goldsmith, Minister of State, FCDO.
- Closing words, from Marcedonio Cortave-President of the AMPB board.
Master of Ceremony-TBD
- Ministry of Government of Panama
- Fundación Indígena
- Embassy USA
Hour: 11:00 – 12:30
Multicultural dialogue on the regional agenda of policies, programs, and projects related to territorial forest management in the Mesoamerican region.
- Nazareth Porras- Virtual (European Union)
- Jeremy Radachowsky (WCS)
- Christopher Jordan-Virtual (ReWild)
- Kevin Currey – Virtual (Fundación Ford / Forest Tenure Funders Group)
- Sara Farley – Virtual (Rockefeller Foundation)
- Zandra Martínez – Board Director of FSC
Commentator:Gustavo Sánchez- AMPB Board and president of Red MOCAF.
- European Union
- Ford Foundation
- Rockefeller Foundation
Tuesday June 13, 2023 (afternoon)
Hour: 14:00 – 14:20
- Gustavo Sánchez- Board of Director of Mesoamerican Territorial Fund FTM.
- Board of Director Mesoamerican Territorial Fund (FTM)
Hour: 14:20 – 15:40
Conversación con Organizaciones socias territoriales sobre el impacto del financiamiento territorial directo en sus organizaciones y su entorno.
Moderator:Hernán Coronado- ILO
- Juanita Sisimit-Virtual National Alliance of Community Forestry Organizations of Guatemala (ANOFCG)
- Maricela Fernández, Käbata Konana (RIBCA)
- Amalia Hernández, Miembro de Junta Directiva de AMPB-FEPROAH
Comentarista: Banco Mundial (por confirmar)
Hour: 15:50 – 17:00
Discussion with Territorial Investment Funds on the impact of direct territorial funding.
Moderator:Levi Sucre Romero – AMPB
- Artemisa Castro Felix – FASOL Solidarity Action Fund (Mexico)
- Dewi Kartika, Nusantara Fund (Indonesia)
- Valeria Payé, Podaali Fund (COIAB-Brazil)
- María Pía Hernández, Mesoamerican Territorial Fund (MTF)
Commentator:Gustavo Sánchez-FTM Board Member.
- Fondo Acción Solidaria
- FASOL (México)
- Fund (Indonesia)
- Podaali Fund (COIAB-Brasil)
Wednesday June 14, 2023 (morning)
Hour: 09:00 – 12:00
Discuss the initiatives of cooperation mechanisms to generate direct territorial investment prioritizing the proposals of Indigenous Peoples and Local Communities.
Moderated by: María Pía Hernández
- Victor López- Ford Foundation/CLUA
- Rukka Sombolinggi Global Alliance of Territorial Communities-Shandia Mechanism
- David Kaimowitz (Virtually) – Tenure Facility
- World Bank Delegate-TBD
- Roger Tejada, Minister of Government of Panama
- Luís Ramos Project Management Specialist (Climate Change) USAID RegionalOffice, Central America-Mexico Regional Office
- Ana Ines Grigera Inter American Development Bank (IDB)
- Verónica Gonzalez National Designated Authority (NDA), Panama to the Green Climate Fund (GCF)
Commentator: Susan Kandel-FTM Board Member
ESpace for questions, closing remarks, and conclusions
- Ford Foundation-CLUA
Wednesday June 14, 2023 (afternoon)
Hour: 13:00 – 13:15
Ceremony and initial dance
Opening Words:Aníbal Sánchez
- Youth Region Gunayala
Hour: 13:15 – 13:40
Presentation of results of the Mesoamerican Leadership School.
Marcial López-Director Mesoamerican School of Leadership
Hour: 13:40 – 15:00
Panel 1: Trends and challenges foryouth in Central America
Moderator: Billy Morán, Fundación
Prisma. Context analysis presentations: – Gunayala, Honduran Mosquitia, and Petén region context (40min)
- Briggith Allen
- Arnoldo Bonilla
- Moisés Soza
Space for reflection, questions, and answers (20 min)
Conclusions (20 min)
Hour: 15:00 – 15:40
Panel 2: Experiences and fundamental skills to face the challenges in Indigenous territories.
Panelists:Briggith Allen, Yanisbeth Gonzalez and Carolina Alvarado EML
Presentation of the Cultural Rescue Project of the Honduran Mosquitia.
Presentation of the Training Experience in Gunayala.
Presentation of the experience of OMYC.
Preguntas y respuestas. (10 min).
Hour: 15:40 – 16:30
Panel 3: Training Experiences in the Region
- Marbe Luz, OPIAC
- Jorge Raúl, Senderos Utz Che School.
Round table to share experiences of different training models in the region.
- Utz Che
Hour: 16:30 – 17:30
The Territorial Youth of Mesoamerica. From facts to action.
Technological tools to ensure biodiversity conservation-Nansedalia Ramirez, Red MOCAF (virtually) and Raúl Fredy Smith.
Youth participation in key decision-making spaces-Cheymi Gallardo-RIBCA and Yaily Castillo-Gunayala Congress
Territorial experience for global advocacy. Joao Pankararu-APIB/GATC.
Dynamics: Symbolic intercultural exchange by Yaily Castillo
Call to action and unity!
- Red MOCAF
- Gunayala Congress
Thursday June 15, 2023 (morning)
Hour: 09:00 – 09:15
Cultural Ceremony – Briceida Iglesias,BUNDORGAN
Welcome from all the leaders of the Coordinadora de Mujeres Líderes Territoriales de Mesoamérica.
- Sara Omi- CMLT Coordinator
- Amalia Hernandez – FEPROAH
Hour: 10:15 – 10:45
Panel 1: Launching of the Regional Gender and Climate Change Plan
Presentation of the Regional Gender and Climate Change Plan – Leaders of the WCLT
Commentator:Ajbee Jimenez, Advisor on Indigenous Peoples’ Issues, U.S. Agency for International Development Guatemala
Moderator:Katherine Coronado- FI- FSC
- FI FSC
Hour: 11:00 – 11:45
Panel 2: Regenerative food systems for people, nature and climate.
- Panel opening: Maricela Fernandez, CMLT
- Context of the Global Food Crisis – Carolina Moeller – Leaders Quest
- Totonaca model of agriculture, María Areli Castellanos Vivanco, REDMOCAF
- Bribri and Cabécar farming model – Heylin Sánchez- Kabata Konana
- Guna agricultural model – Miriam Morris, BUNDORGAN
- Emberá agricultural model
- Model of accompaniment with cultural identity- Rose Álvarez, Love for Life
Moderator: Elena Mendoza – REGEN 10
Commentator: Pauline Buffer, IUCN
- LEADERS QUEST
- REGEN 10
- LOVE FOR LIFE
Thursday June 15, 2023 (afternoon)
Hour: 13:00 – 13:45
Panel 3: The Global South Women’s Alliance for Tenure and Climate: Making Women’s roles in climate action visible.
- Opening of the panel: Margarita Lool, CMLT
- Presentation of the global women’s context – Omaira Bolaños- RRI
- Local experiences:
- Nora Trino, MASTA
- Mayra Morales, ACOFOP
- Aulina Ismare, Cacique Embera National Congress
- Our call to action and the formation of WIGSA – Sara Omi
- Congreso Nacional Emberá
Hour: 14:00 – 14:45
Panel 4: Weaving networks: Initiatives for alternative local economies, agroforestry, and community conservation/defense of natural resources.
- Panel opening: Mayra Morales
- Triquilapa and Cantagallo, the lung of Honduras’s capital: How does COEAS invest in its regeneration?
- Sustainable Peasant Family Farming: Beyond a Methodology-UTZ CHÉ
- Ancestral Communal Governancefor the Conservation and Defense ofNatural Assets in Guatemala
- Improved Stoves: A niche ofsocio-economic empowerment forLenca women in Honduras.
Moderator:Valentina de Rooy- Tree Water People
Comentarista:Zandra Martínez – Presidente de Junta Directiva FSC
- Tree Water People
Hour: 15:00 – 15:45
Panel 5: Care of the Body and Territory
- Opening of the panel: Cándida Dereck, CMLT
- School of Territorial Leaderships: feminist bets in the face of dispossession: Ana Patricia Ortiz Ángeles, REDMOCAF, and Alma Delia Cabrera, TOCHAN
- Experiences of capacity building in the IWEE initiative
- Experience of Mayangnas women, Arlen Ortiz
- Experience of FIMI- Teresa Zapeta
- Modelo de acompañamiento con identidad cultural- Rose Álvarez, Love for Life
Moderator: Norma Cacho, Instituto Simone de Beauvoir
- Love for Life
Hour: 16:00 – 17:00
Round table: Opportunities to strengthen territorial governance, land tenure, forest care, and livelihoods, with a gender focus including traditional knowledge, food security, and political participation.
- Omaira Bolaños – RRI
- Nazareth Porras (Virtually) – European Union
- Ajbee Jimenez – USAID
- Mrs. Verónica Chicas- FAO
- Sophie Bray, Leaders Quest
Moderator: Giovanna Monteverde – Fundación Indígena
Commentator: Guadalupe Leyva, REDMOCAF, CMLT
Friday June 16, 2023 (morning)
Hour: 09:00 – 10:30
Conversation on “Climate Justice”. Concrete actions to stop crimes against indigenous peoples and extractive processes that threaten the biological and cultural diversity of the planet.
Presentation: Local and Sustainable Disaster Risk Management for Global Climate Justice.
Keynote Speaker: Eric Guillén / FEPROAH School of Leadership 20 minutes
- Rukka Sombolinggi-AMAN
- Cristina Coc-Maya Leaders Alliance
- Giuseppe Villalaz-AMPB
- Silvia Ordoñez-Utz Che’
- Andrew Davis-CLUA
Moderator: Nina Kantcheva-PNUD
Commentator: César Quintanilla
- Maya Leaders Alliance
Hour: 10:30 – 12:30
Dialogue on the rights of indigenous peoples and local communities in carbon markets and ecosystem services as a tool for direct territorial financing.
Moderator: Santiago García, EDF (5 minutes)
Presentation, AMPB’s position on Carbon Markets: Levi Sucre – AMPB (30 minutes)
Panel 1: Opportunities and challenges that markets bring to indigenous and community territories. (15 minutes)
- Pablo Mis – Belice
- Sebastian May Barzon – Ejido Yoactun
- Alina Santiago – Ixtlan de Juarez
- Carmelo Zschocher – UPIM
Kawari Fund Presentation: (15 minutes)
Cooperative Approaches to Article 6-Paris. Agreement presentation. Ana Domínguez, UNFCCCRegional Collaborating Center for Latin America. (20 min)
Panel 2: Strategic approach of the AMPB to thechallenges and opportunities of the carbon market. (25 minutes)
- Marco Chavez – Utz Che’ Community Forestry Management
- Sergio Guzman – ACOFOP
- Rodolfo Berrugate – Emberá – Wounaan Congress
- Heraclio Herrera. Guna Yala Congress/IIDKY
- Alondra Morales – RIBCA
Final commentators: Joshua Lichtenstein-RFUS Gustavo Sánchez-AMPB Board Membe. (10 minutes)
- Maya Leaders Alliance
Friday June 16, 2023 (afternoon)
Hour: 13:30 – 15:00
Dialogue and exchange of experiences based on our deep roots of traditional ancestral knowledge are the main tools for managing, managing, and conversing the territories and forests of indigenous peoples and local communities inMesoamerica.
Moderator: Francisco Cadavid (Mi Ambiente) (5 minutes)
Keynote speaker: Susan Kandel / Manuel Martí – Fundación PRISMA (20 minutes)
Panel 1: Experiences of management, management,and conversation of territories and forests of indigenous peoples and local communities in Mesoamerica (25 minutes)
- Leonidas Cunampia – General Emberá – Wounaan Congress
- Elvis Greham – MASTA, Honduras
- Amadeo Figueroa Zúñiga – Talamanca Sur, Costa Rica
- Lourdes Frasser Rojas – Boruca, Costa Rica
- Cristina Coc – Belice
Launching of the Virtual Library – Manuel Martí-Fundación PRISMA (5 minutes)
Panel 2: Regional programs management, management and conversation of territories and forests of indigenous peoples and local communities in Mesoamerica (25 minutes)
- Oscar Nuñez – WCS
- Jorge Andreve – MGT-Congreso Guna
- Janja Eke – FSC
- Zandra Martínez – President of the Board of the FSC
Presentation of the small grant projects of the FiveGreat Forests of Mesoamerica. (10 minutes)
Hour: 15:30 – 16:30
Discussion to generate inputs for the construction of a multisectoral regional coordination agenda for IPLCs
Moderator: Olman Varela